Studybee AB, corporate identity number 556905-6525, Djäkegatan 9, 211 35 Malmö (“The Company”), is a Swedish company registered in Sweden under Swedish law.
Your privacy is important to us and we therefore take responsibility for protecting it in accordance with this policy on the handling of personal information (the “Policy”), the European Parliament and Council Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal information and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (the “data Protection Regulation”) and others at the time, applicable laws and regulations.
The company, acting as a data controller ( “Manager”), is responsible for the safe handling of your personal information processed in the web service Studybee and is offered in addition to Google Chrome ( “Web Service”). Your personal information is processed in order for the Company to offer Studybee to you as a user (“The Service”).
The “Responsible” is the company that determines the purpose of why your personal information is collected and handled. The Company is Responsible when you as a user register your personal information or when your personal information has been registered by someone else, such as your teacher, in the Web Service during a trial period or until your school chooses to subscribe to the Service by entering into an agreement with the Company. If your school chooses to enter into an agreement with the Company about the Service, then your school is responsible, and the Company becomes a so-called Personal information officer. A personal information officer is the company that helps Responsible to save and handle personal information. Thus, the Company is not responsible for managing your personal information in the Web Service, from the date your school enters into an agreement with the Company. The policy applies only during the time the Company is Responsible.
The company has designated Amazon AWS as a personal information management (“Assistant”), which, as an external party, will process personal information on behalf of the Company. The Assistant is the market leader in database security and personal information are stored within the EU.
As a Responsible, the Company processes your personal information. The processing means that we collect, store and, in some cases, perform other actions on your personal information. In order for us to be allowed to process your personal information, such treatment should be done in a lawful, accurate, safe and transparent way. The purpose of this Policy is to clearly describe and inform you about the treatment so that you will be aware of your rights.
Unless otherwise stated, the Policy does not apply to any additional information collected by us on or through a site other than through the Web Service. We ask you to read through the Policies carefully so that you understand how we treat and manage your personal information.
2. Processing of your personal information
The processing of your personal information will be done because your personal information is necessary to fulfill the agreement entered into between you and the Company by signing up and allowing you to use the Service.
The purpose of processing such personal information as is necessary for the performance of the agreement is to enable you to register / register as a user of the Web Service and to enable the Company to offer you the Service.
The purpose of processing the personal information that you consent to through a separate agreement for consent, is for you as a user to be able to use all the tools provided by the Web service and to increase user-friendliness and experience. Consent for such treatment of personal information is voluntary, see more about this in the Terms.
3. Sensitive personal information are not processed in the web service
Sensitive personal information is such data as reveal racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or membership in trade unions, and personal information relating to health or sex life. Health information may include sick leave, pregnancy and doctor visits.
We do not process any sensitive personal information within the Service.
4. Information we collect about you
We collect all the information you provide to us through the Web Service, see below under item 5.
We also collect different types of information automatically from and to users of the Web service, such as analysis of the traffic flow in the web service. Such information includes; information that we collect when navigating in the Web Service, including but not limited to traffic flow, site, web blogs, browser information, IP addresses, and other communications data. personal information collected by cookies is processed in accordance with this Policy.
5. Information you provide to us
We collect information that you provide to us directly through the Webservice. Examples of such information are:
– first name,
– Last name,
– contact details (e-mail),
– Other information you have provided voluntarily to us via the free text field in the web service or on our website.
Some of our personal information is processed by us because of its necessity for us to deliver the Service to you as a user, such as first name, last name, e-mail address.
Other personal information is only handled by us if you explicitly consented to it by agreement. Examples of such personal information that you may consent to are; phone number, postal address. You will be given the opportunity to specifically consent to the processing of such personal information before any data is collected and saved by us. You may at any time withdraw your consent, edit incorrect personal information or deny profiling through cookies and the like. Your personal information will be deleted immediately and within one (1) month after you deleted your account, or withdrawn your consent for processing unless your personal information still meets a legitimate purpose for the Company for continued processing.
6. Use of information
We use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following purposes:
– to provide you with information that you want from us,
– to answer questions or comments from you,
– for internal business development and for designing strategies,
– to evaluate how the Web Service is used and to present the Web Service and its content appropriately and effectively to you,
– to improve our service and to notify you of changes to the service,
– to fulfill our legal obligations,
– to complete the agreement with you or your school,
– to provide you with the information, products or services you request from us or which we believe may interest you when you expressly consent to being contacted by us for this purpose. Such consent may be revoked at any time by you.
We collect your personal information for specific purposes and we will not keep these longer than strictly necessary to fulfill these purposes unless we have a legal obligation to do so. See paragraph 2 above for the explicitly stated purposes of the treatment.
7. Your rights
GDPR entitles you to a number of rights when we process your personal information. The purpose of GDPR is to increase the protection of your personal information, and thereby your rights and freedoms. You are always entitled to clear information, and clear terms for processing your personal information. In case something is unclear in the Policy, Terms or other information you have received, please contact our Data Protection Officer: Daniel Ronnstam, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are entitled to receive the following information upon registration:
– Data Responsible: Studybee AB, Djäkegatan 9, 211 35 Malmö, email@example.com,
– Data Protection Officer: Daniel Ronnstam, firstname.lastname@example.org
– The purpose of processing such personal information as is necessary for the performance of the agreement is to enable you to register as a user in the Web Service and to enable the Company to offer you the Service,
– The purpose of processing the personal information that you consent to through a separate agreement for consent is that you as a user will be able to utilize all the tools provided by the Web service and to increase user-friendliness and experience. Consent for such treatment is entirely voluntary.
– Categories of recipients: Personal information may be transferred to recipients, see below in section 8,
– Your personal information will not be transferred to a country outside the European Union,
– Your personal information will only be stored as long as you are a registered user of the Company and will be deleted immediately and no later than one (1) month after the User deleted his account or withdrawn his consent for processing unless the personal information still meets a legitimate Purpose of the Company for continued treatment,
– You have the right to request access to and rectification or deletion of your personal information,
– You have the right to require a limitation on the processing of personal information or to object to the treatment,
– You have a right to data portability of all personal information processed due to Your consent (which means that your personal information can be moved to another Responsible if you want),
– In the event that you consent to the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and require the termination of the treatment,
– You have the right to complain about the processing of your personal information to the Data Inspectorate,
– Your personal information may be used for profiling, ie analysis of your behavior in the Web Service, in order for the Company to develop the Web Service to better fit it for your use. You may at any time require us to discontinue such profiling.
8. Release of information
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties in order to provide and/or improve our products and services:
– Other companies with which the Company has concluded cooperation agreements with, and suppliers and/or service providers that we use to support our business.
– third parties that help us to offer or convey the Service and the Web Service. These third parties (eg, a partner) are not entitled to use the data for any purpose other than those specified by the Company. The Company will inform affected Users before such transfer of Personal Information takes place.
– The Company may share User Personal Information with third parties for promotional purposes, but only if User agrees to disclose Personal Information.
In addition to the above, we may disclose Personal Information to third parties to:
– follow a court decision/government decision or other legal obligations,
– enforce or apply our Terms of Service for the Web Service and other agreements, and
– protect rights, property or to safeguard the security of the company and its franchise company or other This includes exchanges of information with other companies and organizations in order to provide protection against fraud.
We continuously work to ensure the security of your personal information in the Web Service and strive for the Web Service and the Service to be completely secure without the possibility of leakage of personal information, such as through hacker attacks. We never allow public access to personal information. However, it is unfortunately not entirely safe to transfer information via the Internet or to the Web service. While we do our utmost to protect your personal information, we can not guarantee the security of the data you transmit to the Web Service.
9. Right to information and correction
You are entitled to request free information on which of your personal information we process and for what purpose. You also have the right to have incomplete or incorrect information corrected or deleted. To avail of any of these rights please contact Daniel Ronnstam, email@example.com, all. StudyBee via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Security and storage
We have taken the organizational and technical security measures required to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, modification, and deletion. All communications to and from our database are encrypted with https to increase the protection of your personal privacy.
11. Changes to the Policy
All changes to this Policy will be published by us in the Web Service, together with information on when changes come into effect. If we make any major or significant changes to the Policy, we will notify you on the Web Service homepage or by email.
12. Contact information
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or comments regarding our Policy or our handling of personal information.
This post is also available in: Swedish